- Last Updated on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 16:13
GBR IRC Regional Championships
Recommendations for Clubs wishing to host a GBR IRC Regional Championship:
- It is preferred that the event be part of an existing local regatta rather than a separate event, particularly in areas where there are already several IRC regattas. This is to prevent fragmentation of fleets and support existing events.
- It is recommended that where several potential clubs in an area are interested in running a Regional Championship, discussions are held within the region prior to clubs applying.
- It is acceptable for a Regional Championship to consist of a series of events; the requirements and recommendations below would apply to each event that is part of the championship.
Requirements for approved events:
- The IRC logo and website address www.ircrating.org shall be included on event documentation. The logo is available in various formats from the Rating Office on request.
- It is a requirement that competitors are invited to complete online feedback on the Rating Office website after the event. The direct link will be supplied once set up for the season.
Recommendations for approved events:
- There are no specific requirements for additions to the Notice of Race or Sailing Instructions; however the Rating Office strongly recommends that race organisers read the ‘Notes for Race Organisers’ (NFRO) which can be found in the IRC Yearbook and at http://www.ircrating.org/en/race-organisation/race-management.
- It is specifically recommended that a mixture of course types is offered as outlined in point 5. of the NFRO, to cater for different types of design, so that one type does not dominate because of favourable course types (eg. all windward/leeward or predominantly reaching)
- It is NOT a requirement that GBR IRC Regional Championships require certificates to be Endorsed; see also 2.7 of the NFRO.
- It is acceptable for IRC Limited Validity (LV) TCCs to be used, but note that these can not be Endorsed. If an event wishes to include
TCCs then it must apply to the Rating Office for approval, see http://www.rorcrating.com/lv-tcc.html LV
- One list of owner names/addresses/e-mail addresses is available free of charge from the Rating Office for the purpose of promoting the Regional Championship.
We will send out a press release at the beginning of the season, summarising the different championships that are on.
If you intend to send out related PR, I would appreciate it if you could please:
You may use the Spinlock IRC logo (unmodified apart from re-sizing) on any paperwork/website relating to Spinlock IRC events. If you have sponsorship contracts that preclude publishing other sponsors names then you may use the plain IRC logo. The Spinlock version is available HERE, or contact us to get it or the plain version by email.
Jenny Howells looks after the Rating Office and IRC social media (Facebook and Twitter), and would be interested to hear if your event is linked to a Twitter name or Facebook page (or more than one!), so that she can follow any announcements and share them.
The hashtag #IRCchamp will be used for any tweets relating to IRC Regional / National Championships.
Please let Jenny know if there is anything we can do to help in relation to the publicity for your event, for instance sharing links to specific website pages etc.
The online Competitors' Feedback Survey will be published on www.rorcrating.com well before the first event, and the direct link will be sent to Championship organisers to be sent on to competitors.