- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 09:42
Spinlock IRC LIMITED VALIDITY (
Introduction for Clubs
Do some people who enter your event only compete in one or two events a year using IRC? Then the Spinlock IRC LV TCC may be suitable for them. As a trial for 2013, the Rating Office is offering IRC Limited Validity TCCs to GBR boats and events ONLY.
What is it?
A Limited Validity (LV) TCC is designed for owners of boats of 22m or smaller, who may be thinking twice about getting an IRC certificate because they only wish to do one or two events a year; perhaps a one day event such as the Round the Island Race, or an annual regatta week (note it is not available for a series over several weekends).
What is required by us as a Club, and is an IRC
You will need to apply to the RORC Rating Office to be approved to include LV TCC entries in your event. An LV TCC is totally compatible with other IRC TCCs and calculated in exactly the same way. However, a certificate is not issued, and the TCC will not appear in online listings.
How will we know what the boats rate?
You will be sent a list by the Rating Office, shortly before the event, showing LV TCCs for all the boats that have applied for a TCC for your event.
It sounds good. Is it right for our event?
- If your event attracts owners who only want to do one or two IRC races or events a year
- If your event is between 1 and 9 consecutive days duration (including lay days)
- Your event does not require Endorsed (measured) certificates for all classes (if it is required for some classes then those will not be eligible)
- Entrants are generally no longer than 22m Hull Length
- You accept the limitations as explained in the Terms & Conditions
- If all classes in your event need an Endorsed (measured) certificate
- The event is aimed at boats longer than 22m
- If the event is longer than 9 days duration, or is over eg. 3 weekends.
For more information:
- Terms and conditions GBR 2013 (PDF)
- Application for event approval (XLS)
- Information for event organisers on how to use LV TCCs
- Club noticeboard poster (PDF)
- Introduction for owners