- Last Updated on Wednesday, 13 March 2013 09:41
Spinlock IRC LIMITED VALIDITY (
Introduction for owners
Do you only want to compete in one or two events this year using IRC? Then the Spinlock IRC LV TCC may be suitable for you. As a trial for 2013, the Rating Office is offering IRC Limited Validity TCCs to GBR boats and events ONLY.
What is it?
A Limited Validity (LV) TCC is designed for owners of boats of 22m or smaller, who may be thinking twice about getting an IRC certificate because they only wish to do one or two events a year; perhaps a one day event such as the Round the Island Race, or an annual regatta week (note it is not available to boats wishing to do a series over several weekends).
You will not get a certificate, but will get a datasheet showing the measurements used, the TCC and the dates that it is valid.
What is required, and is an IRC
The information needed to calculate the LV TCC is exactly the same as for a normal IRC application (it uses the same application details) and the TCC is totally compatible with other IRC TCCs.
How much does it cost?
The fee for a LV TCC is £1.50 per metre LH, plus £5 per day of validity (ex VAT).
Eg. for a 10 metre boat doing a 5 day regatta: £15 + £25 = £40. VAT does not apply to private owners paying with a personal payment card or cheque.
It sounds good. Is it right for me?
- If you only want to do one or two IRC races or events a year, and these have been approved to accept LV TCCs (check with the event organiser)
- You do not need an Endorsed (measured) certificate
- Your boat is no longer than 22m
- You accept the limitations as explained in the Terms & Conditions
- You do not hold a current, valid IRC certificate
- If you want to do more than one or two IRC races or events a year, or if the events you want to do have not been approved to accept LV TCCs (check with the event organiser)
- If you need an Endorsed (measured) certificate
- Your boat is longer than 22m
- If you want to run trial certificates and optimise your rating
For more information:
Applying for an LV TCC or upgrading to a full IRC certificate:
new application form and advice about the form is available on the application forms page. LV application for 2nd certificate (LV2) during the same year you have the opportunity to change data for the 2nd certificate. LV
application to convert FROM previous full IRC certificate (2011 or 2012 certificates only) LV