- Last Updated on Tuesday, 15 January 2013 11:29
Some tips before you Revalidate your IRC Certificate……
- Check through last year's certificate thoroughly, including details such as single furling headsails. If you don't have a copy we can supply this.
- Is all the information about your boat on the certificate correct to the best of your knowledge (note that we may have used ‘standard hull data’)? Did you supply the data, or does it date from a previous ownership? How recently was it supplied, particularly sail data? Contact us if you're not sure, we can help & advise you.
- Please check we have your correct personal details especially the e-mail address - your new certificate will be emailed to you (we will also send a printed copy to your
address if requested). UK
- Your boat may not have changed, but the Rules have, please familiarise yourself with these. A summary can be found at: http://www.ircrating.org/technical-a-certification/rule-a-definitions If you are not sure if any of the Rule changes apply to you or what they mean, please contact us & we will be happy to explain.
- We don't encourage unnecessary expense, but we do encourage you to help yourself: if you have a non-endorsed certificate you can check measure your own sails. Click on the link to see our Simple Sail Measurement guides http://www.ircrating.org/technical-a-certification/measurement/14-technical/measurement/352-simple-sail-measurement-guides
- Make sure you tell us of any changes at the same time as applying for the revalidation. If you tell us after we have issued the certificate then you will need to pay for an amended certificate fee. If some measurements are coming from a sailmaker or measurer, let us know so that we can hold your application until we receive them.
- Please use the revalidation changes form (available on the Forms & Advice page linked from here http://www.rorcrating.com/irc-rating-gbr/22-irc-rating/application/221-spinlock-irc-forms-and-advice-2013) to tell us any changes you want to make. Remember that if your last certificate was Endorsed, and you want to retain that status, then any changes to weight or measurements will need to be officially verified or measured. Contact us for advice and information on approved measurers.